There are many reasons why you should buy a receiver, whether you are currently planning to buy a debut or have an old one that you bought back in the days when Game of Thrones was just a good book. If you enjoy watching TV, enjoying its content and have always dreamed of bringing it to a higher level, then the receiver is right for you.
Thanks to the advancement of technology, the receivers that you can find today have many more features than the older ones and therefore provide more for the money invested. Every coin has two sides, so a considerable number of new technologies is also an aggravating circumstance because it is challenging to decide which one is right for your needs when choosing a wide range. In this text, we will try to explain all the essential technologies as naturally as possible, so please read it carefully.
The following is our list of the best-selling stereo receivers:
1.Yamaha RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth
“This device has a smooth sound, and it’s easy to set up and access the menu. It includes features such as dialogue setting, easy speaker adjustments, bass adjustment, and dynamic range suitable for home viewing. You can find each setting easily. There are comprehensive instructions included. The only minor negative side is that the Auto Cal handling of the Sub gives a W warning about volume, but it’s easy to handle manually. ”
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD); Rated Output Power (20Hz 20kHz, 2ch driven) 70 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD); Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (Jeita) 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log gamma, and BT. 2020
- YPAO auto-calibration technology for ideal sound, Exclusive Yamaha Cinema DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging
This AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass through; It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone, and rich, bright colors
2.Cambridge Audio AXR85 85 Watt Stereo Receiver with Bluetooth
“This receiver will provide you with powerful audio experience, and it’s easy to connect to all your devices. It is possible to link to all your music. Furthermore, it has a Bluetooth receiver. It enables you to connect your stereo system. Also, you can upgrade your movies, vinyl, and sports events so that the sound experience is incredible.”
- 85 Watts per channel, FM/AM tuner with 30 presets, headphones out to listen in privacy, and remote control so you can sit back and enjoy your music.
- The AXR 85 has four analog inputs for connecting all your music, AV, and audio sources. Additionally, the built-in phono stage connects directly to your turntable for amazing vinyl sound quality.
With the built-in Bluetooth receiver on the AXR85, you can wirelessly stream your favorite music from a smartphone, tablet, or PC with ease.
3.RR 2160 Retro Stereo Receiver
“You will need a wireless router or bridge that can be run in client mode. That allows the device to receive wireless and output Internet via an Ethernet cable to the receiver.
If your reception is strong enough to pull in an HD signal, it will lock onto HD1 (the HD transmission). There is no way to turn this off. As being mainly an audio receiver, you can tap the audio out of a DVD/Blu-ray player and feed it into the RR2160. Be it RCA, optical outputs, or Coaxial outputs.”
- Subwoofer output that includes selectable, analog bass management
- 2 Digital Coax Inputs & 2 Digital Optical Inputs
- High-quality phono input for both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- Internet Radio & High-performance HD Radio FM Stereo/FM/AM tuner
4.Home Audio Power Amplifier System
“As per the item description, it has a 3.5mm aux input. This is the same jack your find on most electronics these days for connecting headphones and earbuds. Stereos with phono inputs have a built-in preamp. The signal coming from a record player is microvolts and will not sound right connected to the inputs on this amp. You will need a phono preamp.”
- 300 WATT POWER: The Pyle Digital AM/FM Stereo Receiver is perfect for your PA, karaoke and home entertainment system It gives you 300W peak power to be used for multi speakers w/ 4-16 ohm impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 7 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports iPhone, smartphone, computer, iPad, USB, MP3, AM FM radio tuner, DVD CD player Features 2 microphone inputs for karaoke, 2 RCA inputs, 2 RCA outputs, four pairs of speaker terminal binding posts
- MIC EFFECTS: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver features echo effect, mic bass, mic treble, and volume leaving you in full control of the output sound Perfect for karaoke, event hosting, public gatherings and announcements
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selector, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments It features blue LED illuminated buttons to adjust the functions even in the dark easily
DISPLAY METER: The compact and rack mount amplifier has a built-in digital LCD meter which displays all the features and input used Antenna, audio cable cord, remote control are also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
5.Kenwood Marine Boat Yacht Digital Media USB AUX Bluetooth Stereo Receiver
“This device is phenomenal. We paired it with a Rockford Fosgate Amp and a Bazooka Bass Tube for our boat. It was easy to wire up and sounds great! The only thing is that adjusting Bass and Treble is a process that takes time, so make sure to read the directions, or you’ll get frustrated.”
- Kenwood KMR-M325BT Marine Digital Media Bluetooth Receiver (No CD), Kenwood KCA-RC55MR Digital Wired Remote, AM/FM Antenna, Kenwood Ca-Ex7Mr 7 Meter Extention Cable
- Kenwood – KMRM325BT – Receiver: The Kenwood KMR-M325BT will make listening to music will be all the more pleasure some. You can utilize the convenience of hands-free calling as well as wireless music streaming with its built-in Bluetooth function. With Kenwood’s Drive EQ technology, your tunes won’t be affected by waves, wind, or surrounding noise. The convenient front-panel USB input provides access to your playlists. Plugging in your iPod or iPhone will enable an abundance of functions.
- Kenwood – KCARC55MR – Digital Remote: Control your Kenwood marine receiver with this multifunctional, wired remote control unit. Kenwood’s KCA-RC55MR features a 2-line LCD screen, power on/off, volume control, track control, source, and mute functions. This wired remote gives you distant access to your receiver from anywhere in your vessel.
- Kenwood Extension Wire – AM/FM Antenna: The Kenwood CA-Ex7Mr extension cable will allow you to extend your remote installation up to 7 Meters. 23 Feet Long. One End Connects To Remote’S Cable, The Other Plugs Into Stereo. The Enrock EKMR2 Marine Wire Antenna provides excellent radio reception signals to the audio system on your automobile, watercraft vehicles.
6.Denon AV Receiver Audio & Video Component Receiver BLACK (AVRS540BT)
“140 watts per channel. Coupled with the cheapest Monoprice speaker with sub-woofer will put out all the sound you would ever need. It’s an IR remote. You can also control it via Bluetooth with an app for a phone or tablet. If you want to know if your TV provider’s remote can be programmed for this one, most RF remotes have IR for volume and TV on-off. You’ll have to check to see if this particular unit is supported. It sounds more complicated than it is.”
- 5.2 Channel AV receiver with 140w-power per Channel
- HDMI 5 inputs/ 1 output; 4K Ultra HD 60Hz full-rate
- HDR, Dolby vision compatibility and help support; 4: 4: 4 Color resolution, BT.
- Easy out-of-the-box experience with Denon guided setup assistant, award-winning advanced graphical user interface and the Denon 500 Series remote app
- Arc and HDMI-CEC support; standby HDMI pass-through
7.Pyle KTHSP390S 4 Pairs of 150W 5.25″ In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo White Speakers w/ 300W Digital Home Stereo Receiver
“If you share office space with other people who won’t mind the beats, then we would highly recommend it. Our only concern is that the receiver has inputs for 4 speakers, not 4 pairs of speakers. So the wires had to be combined, which causes loss of directional separation (right and left speakers acting independently).”
- Qty 8 In-Wall / In-Ceiling 2-Way Speakers -150 Watt Rated Peak Power – ½” High Compliance Polymer Tweeter – Polypropylene Cone with Rubber Edge – Perfect for Custom Installations & Applications
- Frequency Response: 80Hz-20kHz – Impedance: 8 Ohms – Sensitivity: 88 dB – Mounts Flush on Walls or Ceilings – Built-in Electronic Crossover Network – Environmentally Friendly ABS Construction
- Includes Changeable Round & Square Stain Resistant Grills – Cut-Out Template for Easy Installation – Unit Dimensions (L x H): 8.3″ x 3.0″ – Cutout Diameter: 6.8″ – Mounting Depth: 3.0”
- 300W Receiver – AM/FM radio with digital display screen – Auto scan, radio station PRE/NEXT control – 50 radio station pre-set memory – Volume/balance/treble/bass gain control for main channel
- Two microphone inputs – Two RCA input source – USB Input – Also Included 4 Channel Speaker Selector
8.Uniharpa Professional Audio-Frequency Vacuum Tube Amplifier X9 110V-240V with Bluetooth AUX Input for HiFi CD Player Audio
“After a busy day, the room in which you retire should provide a haven of tranquility. You can enjoy the music with your family. Uniharpa Vacuum Tube Amplifier X5 gives you the highest enjoyment. X5 is a nicer and more softness sound than another amp, which helps to eliminate fatigue. Especially when you were alone, it’s a benefit for forgetting the troubles.”
- That is no hybrid amplifier with a solid-state power amplifier hiding behind the tube preamp stage! In stark contrast to the dry, monotonous sound from professional monitoring equipment, the euphonic colorations added by tube power amps make everything sound smooth, sweet, and spectacular. For more interesting tech equipment click here.
- Our transformer is big enough to keep the magnitude of loaded inductance constant. That avoids the signal distortion caused by the possibility of magnetic saturation—capacitor by German WIMA, LM3886TF by NSC,6N3J, etc.
- Signal input by Aux/CD/Bluetooth, output to power amplifier or speakers.One-off Thermal Fuse and Thermal Protection Technologies.
9.Pyle Bluetooth Digital Karaoke Receiver Amplifier Bundle Combo
“Works fine, but we were disappointed to receive the wrong color speakers since the white ones were ordered, and the black finish speakers were delivered with the white projector. You can enjoy the music and karaoke anywhere you want.”
- 1 Pyle PT265BT Bluetooth Stereo Home Amplifier Receiver Unit – 2 Pairs (total of 4) Pyle PLMR24B 3.5″ 200 Watt 3-Way Weather Proof Mini Box Speaker System = 1 Pyle PDWM2100 Professional Dual VHF Wireless Handheld Microphone System = 1 Enrock 50 Feet 16 gauge Speaker Wire.
- This amplifier receiver system features AM/FM radio with 50 station memory presets, digital LCD, two microphone inputs with separate volume, bass, treble, and echo controls to create a unique mixing experience. Create an instant karaoke party when you mix the two microphones over any audio that plays through the system, sing along with your favorite radio station, or Bluetooth wireless streaming audio from your device.
- The PLMR24B is a pair of 3.5, 200-watt, heavy-duty weatherproof speakers – perfect for the deck, backyard, by the pool, or on your boat or other marine vehicles. They’re completely waterproof, featuring a rustproof grill that’s removable for cleaning. You just plug them in using the quick connect terminals and hit ‘play’. Bass reflex vent provides even more low end for your buck.
- The Pyle Pro PDWM2100 Professional Dual VHF Wireless Handheld Microphone System is a cost-effective solution for general speech, presentations, DJs, karaoke, and more.
10.Kenwood MP3/USB/AUX Marine Boat Yacht Stereo Receiver Bundle Combo With Protective Cove
“Awesome! Easy install and combined with Alpine 6.5 speakers on one’s boat sounds excellent, If you are going to buy it, get the extended warranty. ”
- 1 X Kenwood Marine Digital Media Bluetooth Receiver, 1x Enrock Marine Single Din Radio Dash Protector (Black), 1x Wired Remote, 1x Enrock AM/FM Antenna (Black), 1x Antenna – 40 “The 2019 Kenwood KMR-M325BT will make listening to music will be all the more pleasure some. You can utilize the convenience of hands-free calling as well as wireless music streaming with its built-in Bluetooth function.
- With Kenwood’s Drive EQ technology, your tunes won’t be affected by waves, wind, or surrounding noise. The convenient front-panel USB input provides access to your playlists. Plugging in your iPod or iPhone will enable an abundance of functions. The Kenwood’s KCA-RC55MR features a 2-line LCD screen, power on/off, volume control, track control, source, and mute functions. This wired remote gives you distant access to your receiver from anywhere in your vessel. The KCARC55MR marine wired remote control is compatible with KMR-550U, KMR-555U, KMR-700U, and KMR-440U IPX7-Rated stereo in-dash head units that feature an SWC remote wire.
- Keep your radio clean and safe with the Enrock EMC56 Aqua Marine Cover – This accessory mounts around the edge of the front of the stereo. A handy flip-open lid secures the face panel and knobs. With this protective universal marine radio cover in place, you can rest assured that your radio interface will be maintained despite drinks or large luggage you may bring into the Car, Boat, Motorcycle, Bike, Etc.
Pairing: Choose the right receiver for your speakers
To get good sound from the receiver, you also need to pair your speaker’s needs well with the receiver’s ability to drive them. Now that you know what the receiver you are planning to buy can be output, it’s time to pay attention to what your speakers need to get the best sound out of them. To better clarify this section, we will first look at the basic specifications of the speakers.
Impedance – As noted earlier, this is a measure of the resistance your speakers provide to your receiver’s signal. 8-ohm strength is standard, and speakers with this resistance work fine with most receivers, however, if you have speakers with less impedance, the situation changes significantly. 4-ohm strength is quite demanding, and you will need a receiver with a reasonably stable amplifier for these speakers.
Sensitivity / SPL: Speaker sensitivity represents how loud the sound can be output per watt of power, and is expressed in decibels (dB). Speakers with lower sensitivity will naturally need more power for louder sound than speakers with higher sensitivity. Most speakers are anywhere from 85 to 95dB per watt, with a few exceptions at both ends. If your speakers or the ones you plan to buy have about 85 decibels, then plan on purchasing a more reliable receiver to get the most out of them. It is important to note that sensitivity has nothing to do with sound quality; it just means that speakers with higher sensitivity can output louder sound with less power.
Frequency range: Generally speaking, the more bass you want out of your speakers, the more power you need for them. The introduction of active subwoofers (with its amplifier) has dramatically facilitated the receivers, so if you use such a system, you can focus only on the needs of satellite speakers and just let the woofer. However, if you are using full-range speakers without the extra woofer, consider that a more pronounced bass will require a higher power receiver or some high-sensitivity speakers. Here’s another reason why you should pay attention to decibels when choosing a speaker.
Signal distribution in multiple rooms
Multiroom Audio/video: Many newer receivers with 7.1 or more channels offer the ability to use free channels in another room. That means that if e.g., you have a 7.1 receiver that supports multiroom and you only use a 5.1 system in the living room, you can use the remaining two channels in the next room as a stereo system for listening to music independently of the living room. More advanced receivers even have dedicated video outputs for another room so that you can have two home theater systems with one receiver.
If you want to use this feature, it is essential to keep in mind how many channels you need because if you are using a 7.1 sound system, you will not have free channels for another room.
Zone 2 remote: is an option that allows you to control an additional remote control from another room. This option is used when you have two home theater systems on one receiver so that the system in the next room can be controlled independently.
Wireless multiroom audio: A new generation of multiroom sound, lets you connect multiple compatible music devices and speakers wirelessly to one unit via Wi-Fi, and then easily control the system through a smartphone app. There is a lot to be written about such multiroom systems, so if you are interested in the details to read our article on the famous Yamaha MusicCast multiroom sound system where we have presented in detail the capabilities of one such method.
What is important to note when choosing a receiver is that each manufacturer has its multiroom system that is generally not compatible with third-party devices. Therefore, if you already have some speakers or players capable of multiroom connectivity, then it is best to select a receiver from the same manufacturer.
Now that you have all the information you need to make your choice on a pair of receiver models, you’ll want to try it out and decide which one sounds best to you. Here are some tips for testing your receiver more successfully. In-Store Testing – Although home testing is the most relevant, this is not always possible, so you will most likely have to try the in-store receiver. That is not a bad option either, but keep in mind that the sound may be different from the home scenario, as some stores have specially equipped test rooms, with sound insulation on the walls and perfectly positioned speakers. Home conditions are rarely so good, so it is imperative that when testing, you focus on the differences in sound between the models rather than the overall sound quality.
Another important thing when it comes to testing is the choice of speakers. Since different speakers have different sound characteristics, it is advisable to test all the receivers on one pair of speakers, preferably as close as possible to the speakers you have at home or plan to buy to get the most authentic sound experience. We hope this text helps you choose a receiver. If you decide to buy, we recommend that you look at the offer on our site. All receivers from our offer have a two-year warranty and free shipping on the territory of Serbia.
This was our list of top-selling stereo receivers. I hope you will find this guide helpful and that you will choose the version that is best for you!