Saggy skin is a cause of concern for many. Generally our skin loses firmness with age which is unavoidable. Young people find this more bothersome. Their saggy skin could be due to sun exposure, weight loss and smoking. Hours of work-out in the gym or pregnancy leads to loss in skin volume. Sun exposure affects collagen production while smoking causes premature aging.
Dealing with loose skin:
Eat healthy, stay hydrated and practice a regular skincare regimen to maintain healthy skin. Are you losing skin firmness already? Do you notice wrinkles and jiggly skin in your upper arms? There are invasive and non-invasive ways to fix it. Surgical lifts deliver dramatic results but there are other options that work fairly well and require very less recover-time.
Non-invasive cosmetic procedures that deliver modest tightening results:
Non-invasive procedures are a top choice for skin tightening. They:
- Don’t involve creating incisions or puncturing the skin.
- Deliver natural-looking results.
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Work well on any body part
- Have only minimal side effects like redness and swelling
- Take under 1 hour
- Causes minimal discomfort.
Laser treatment: The most popular non-invasive route used for improving skin firmness is laser. Laser beams are directed towards the area to be treated in order to boost collagen production. Get it done with a renowned specialist for best results. If you are looking for best clinics offering laser skin tightening in and around Scottsdale, then visit phoenixliposuction.com.
They are a popular choice for cosmetic procedures including skin tightening among Scottsdale residents. Their experienced cosmetologists offer tailor-made treatment plans for your needs. Book your appointment with them today and regain the youthful appearance.
The patient is asked to wear sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher and refrain from having chemical peels, botox injection or microdermabrasion for two weeks leading to the procedure. The staff is likely to ask the patient shave the treatment area.
- The patient arrives on the day of procedure with a bare face sans makeup.
- Protective eyewear is worn both by the patient and doctor.
- Other areas of the body are covered using clothing.
- The staff cleanses and prepares the area to be treated.
- Infrared light is directed towards the area to be treated which feels similar to hot stone therapy.
Patients are advised to adhere to post-treatment care instructions. They may notice redness or swelling up to a few days following the procedure. Those who feel a sunburn sensation can use aloe vera or hydrocortisone to relieve redness. Exposure to direct sunlight may lead to skin pigmentation and scarring.
Reduce exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks after the procedure and avoid taking saunas and hot tubs 24 hours following the procedure. Ditch topical products for at least 3 days and instead stick to using gentle cleansers. Repeat the treatment 4 to 6 times every 30 days for long-lasting results. With good skin care regimen the results last for at least 3 years.
The skin becomes gradually firm since collagen and elastin production increases. The procedure requires no anesthesia and almost no downtime letting you resume your normal activities. The cost can range between $500 and $1500 per session. Ultrasound and radiofrequency waves may also be used to tighten skin.
This advanced technology helps with wrinkle reduction, turkey neck, facelifts, enhancing jawline and skin smoothing. Ultrasound energy is directed towards the area to be treated. The beam penetrates deeply into the skin and tightens and lifts it. Unlike surgery the results are seen gradually in a matter of a few months and others won’t have a clue you underwent a treatment.
The procedure lasts between 60 and 90 minutes. Some may find it mildly uncomfortable while some may find it to be painful. Only few would see side effects like redness and swelling. Drastic results can be seen usually in a single session making it superior to many other non-invasive procedures.
Radiofrequency technology is ideal for those who want to fix issues like sagging neck, sagging eyebrows, drooping eyelids, cheek folds etc. Energy waves penetrate the dermis layer of the skin to trigger collagen production and there is only little pain involved. The treatment lasts for a maximum of 45 minutes for face and lasts up to 2 hours when done on other parts of the body.
Patients who underwent this non-invasive skin technology don’t have to follow any special post-procedure instructions other than following a skincare regimen. Most patients see drastic results after a single session. The results are seen in 3 to 6 months after the first session.
Who is eligible for these non-invasive procedures?
- Those with a healthy weight
- Those with small or fair amount of saggy skin
- Follow a healthy diet
Others ways to tighten your skin that deliver subtle results:
Those who are apprehensive about taking the leap with surgical treatments, experiment many other simple but far less effective ways that would rejuvenate their skin which include:
- Firming cream: There are several over-the-creams that promise firmer screens. Many of them are effective moisturizers that temporarily help to mask your wrinkles and fine lines. Dermatologists confirm that creams aren’t an effective and long-lasting solution. Even the ones containing retinol that boost collagen production shows only small changes.
- Supplements: It is possible to improve skin health to an extent by consuming a healthy diet. There are natural supplements available with anti-sagging and anti-aging properties. The ones with collagen hydrolysate and antioxidant can improve skin conditions.
- Massages: Massages work by directing blood flow to a specific part and stimulating fibroblasts. Massaging your skin twice everyday for about a minute may improve skin health.
The choice of treatment method depends on the severity of loose skin. Surgical procedures deliver excellent results but come at a cost. The cost involved is higher and longer downtime. The less-invasive cosmetic treatments are considered as a better alternative by many. Talk to an experienced dermatologist for recommendations.