Naval Ravikant is an entrepreneur, investor, and someone who thinks very deeply. He is an Indian-American. He is the CEO and founder of ventures like AngelList, Epinion among many others. Along with this, he hosts podcasts and helps people with his knowledge through blogs and essays.
Read on to know about his life, career, net worth, and get ready to get a good dose of inspiration!
About Naval Ravikant
Having a background in economics, he is well suited to what he does today. He is a very popular name in the business world. He gives the credit of all his knowledge to the books that he has read since his days of youth. He also ventures into the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency.
Naval also takes care of his podcast called “Naval.” Owing to his popularity, he has been invited and has featured in popular shows like Spartan Up, The Tim Ferris Show, the Joe Rogan Experience, and others.
Early Life And Family
Naval was born in the year 1974, in New Delhi, India. His father used to work as a pharmacist in India. He also has one brother. When he was 9, his family moved to New York.
Soon after the family shifted, Naval’s parents separated leaving his mother to raise two children all on her own. To make both ends meet, she used to work multiple jobs along with her night school. That was when Naval’s interest in book reading arose. He used to spend his after-school time at the library, exploring different books.
Naval attended Stuyvesant High School and finished his schooling in 1991. He further pursued his education from Dartmouth College and graduated in 1995, getting two bachelor’s degrees, one in computer science and the other in economics. Starting his career, he began working for @Home in 1996.
His Career And Major Milestones
- In 1998, he founded Genoa Corp which was later bought by Finisar.
- In 1999 Naval co-founded Epinions. In 2003 the company merged with DealTime and ultimately became Shopping.com.
- In 2005, Naval Ravikant founded com. This is one of the first micro-multinational tech companies.
- An investment firm, The Hit Forge, was founded by him two years later.
- In 2007, Naval started running a blog with the name Venture Hacks where he enlightens people and helps startups in raising their capital.
- In 2009, Naval Ravikant co-founded AngelList in California.
- In 2017, he founded CoinList. Thus, making him ahead in the cryptocurrency world as well.
- “Angel Investor of the Year” by TechCrunch.
- “Crunchie award” in the 10th Annual Crunchies Awards.
- “4th most influential person in the world in the blockchain industry” as ranked by CoinDesk in 2017.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Him
- Naval used to be an introvert and wanted to be a lawyer during his college days but later steered his life path in a very different direction.
- In 2023, Eric Jorgenson wrote a book entitled “The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness.” In it, he curated all the knowledge through pieces like Naval’s blogs, podcasts, tweets, and other sources.
As of the latest estimate, Naval Ravikant’s net worth ranges from $20 million to $50 million. This is because of his investments in more than 200 companies like Twitter, Uber, Poshmark, Postmates, and others. His position as the CEO of AngelList also contributes much to his net worth.
The net worth of a celebrity or famous person such as Naval Ravikant is one of the most sought after celebrity fact people want to know. Little is known for why they always want to know about famous people’s net worth but an idea suggests it has to do with the fans wanting to be like the celebrity as well as wanting have an idea what it feels like to be famous including the money aspect of the fame. Funfactoday take discussing celebrity facts and facts about other subjects to a great length for fun and easier understanding.