Removing bathroom tiles can be a hassle, especially if you are a beginner and lack prior experience in this regard.
This, coupled with the difficulty in choosing a suitable tool for completing the task, can greatly affect your morale. However, not anymore.
We are here with a detailed review on the best tools to remove tile based on the material of construction, application scale, vibration control, ergonomic design, and budget-friendliness, along with a comprehensive guide on the factors that might affect the performance of these tools.
So, keep reading the article for more information in this regard.
Our Top Reviewed Products
1. Crescent 18” Indexing Flat Pry Bar – Tile Floor Removal Tool
Crescent 18” Indexing Flat Pry Bar is our topmost recommendation for the removal of tiles from walls and floors.
It features an ergonomic design which makes it extremely easy to lift the tile from one side, thus, offering you support to slowly remove the whole tile without breaking it.
In addition to this, the bar is capable of locking into 16 different positions, which enables it to move to 180 degrees without any difficulty or performance inefficiency.
We also appreciate the inclusion of a nail slot into the system, which enables you to pull out the nails quickly and efficiently.
So, you do not need to worry about searching for other tools or going through complex processes to remove nails from the wall.
Just use the pry bar to pull out the nails while removing the tiles. Consumers also report the remarkable grip offered by the tool, which makes it easier to use it and exert force when pulling out the tiles from floors.
Crescent 18” Indexing Flat Pry Bar is specially designed for narrow and thin areas where it is difficult to remove the tiles.
The narrow jab of the bar can easily pass through such regions and efficiently pull out the nails and tiles without exerting additional effort.
We assure you will not feel any issues during the process, even if you are a beginner.
2. American Tools SDS Max Floor Scraper – Ceramic Tile Removal Tool
American Tools SDS Max Floor Scraper never fails to amaze us with its heavy-duty construction and unrivaled attributes, which makes it stand out among the rest of its counterparts.
However, it is expensive and might not be affordable at all. Despite its high price, we still encourage you to invest in this tool for long-term benefits.
The floor scraper is extremely sharp in nature and can be used to remove the tiles from a variety of surfaces. In addition to this, you can use the scraper with some power generating device such as drills to complete the task in the shortest possible time.
This will relieve you from the concerns of manually exerting force to remove the tiles and will also save a lot of time during the process.
We highly recommend this tool for all beginners that lack prior experience in this regard and find it difficult to control the tile removing tools.
American Tools SDS Max Floor Scraper features tough construction, which protects it against damage due to a variety of factors.
Furthermore, the blades integrated into the product can also be removed and replaced in case of damage to improve the accuracy and performance efficiency of the system.
3. CO-Z 6-Piece Chisel Set – Chisel To Remove Tile
CO-Z 6-Piece Chisel Set is another budget-friendly option included in the list of the best tools to remove tile.
Available in a six-piece set, the product is multifunctional in nature and displays exceptional versatility. Thus, you can use it for a variety of purposes, including tile removal from walls and floors.
We highly recommend it for stubborn tiles that are difficult to separate and remove without any breakage.
Its thin construction and lightweight make it a perfect choice in this regard and improve its overall abilities to a great extent.
The six different pieces are available in different shapes and sizes, such as scraping chisel, point chisel, grooving chisel, etc.
All these components serve a different purpose, and thus, you can choose them depending on your requirement and achieve the desired results.
Last but not least, the tools are compatible with the SDS drill hammers and can be used with them for performance and time efficiency.
CO-Z 6-Piece Chisel Set is constructed using high-quality chromium steel, which imparts corrosion-resistant properties to its surface.
However, various consumers are still concerned about the durability of the product. Despite this, we highly recommend investing in this option due to its immense popularity and extraordinary efficiency.
4. BOSCH Bulldog Xtreme Drill -Floor Tile Removal Tools
BOSCH Bulldog Xtreme Drill is a performance-oriented tool that is highly popular among a wide variety of consumers due to its durable construction and high-quality attributes.
The drilling machine features three different modes of operation, which can be selected depending on the requirement.
The drilling machine is also relatively easier to use as compared to other tools available in a similar price range.
To our surprise, vibration control has also been included in the tool, which increases its user-friendliness and allows you to use it comfortably throughout the day.
Along with this, the ergonomic design and the D-shaped handle incorporated in the system make it easier to carry and hold the machine while drilling tiles and other related items.
This is especially useful when drilling in a downward direction where additional effort is required to control the tool.
BOSCH Bulldog Xtreme Drill is a sturdy product that is integrated with a powerful motor. The motor is capable of generating 300 revolutions per minute and is perfect for tough applications such as tile removal.
We assure you will not feel disappointed with this investment due to its maximum performance efficiency.
5. ENEACRO SDS-Plus Rotary Drill
ENEACRO SDS-Plus Rotary Drill is yet another powerful drill included in the list of the best tools to remove tile.
Featuring a powerful motor, the product is specially designed for heavy-duty applications and offers exceptional precision and accuracy.
The highlighting feature of the drilling machine is the heat-resistant wires that prevent it from getting damaged in case of overheating and other accidental mishaps.
In addition to this, the drill is versatile in nature and displays four different functionalities, which make it a perfect item for removing floor tiles.
The drilling functionality can be used for wooden and metallic surfaces; hammer drilling is suitable for heavy-duty tasks that are difficult to perform using simple floor scrapers.
Lastly, the chiseling is suitable for concrete floors and brick and is also appreciated by the majority of the consumers.
ENEACRO SDS-Plus Rotary Drill is embedded with a 360-degree adjustable handle that allows you to modify it according to your hand position.
The handle makes it easier to hold the machine while drilling in the downward direction and relieves the pressure on your arms and hands significantly.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing
Purpose of Investment
First and foremost, you should identify the reason for purchasing a tile removal tool. Do you want to keep the tile intact? Or are you open to crushing options as well?
Asking yourself these questions before purchasing the tool can help a lot. The reason for this is that the majority of the tools available in the market are designed to crush the tiles, and if you want to keep them intact, then they might not be feasible for you.
Those that are aware of the requirement can choose the most appropriate option for themselves.
For loosening the tile, we recommend going for scrapers as they are characterized by narrow and thin construction, which allows them to easily scrap corners without damaging the tile.
Material of Construction
Next on the list is the material of construction. You must never display any negligence in this regard as it can directly impact the efficiency and the average life of the tool you are planning to use.
There are a variety of tile removing tools available in the market, each having different functionality and purpose. Thus, it is essential to choose the correct construction material when purchasing these.
For hammers, we suggest going for chromium steel and other heavy-duty materials that are sturdy in nature and less prone to damage from external factors.
You must also look for corrosion-resistant substances to increase the average life of the product. Similarly, in the case of drills, handles are also extremely important and must be constructed using durable yet comfortable materials.
The handle should also possess shock-absorption abilities to prevent your hands from shaking while drilling.
By the word scale, we mean the effective range of the tool. Some of the tile removal tools are useful for short-scale projects and should not be purchased for large projects.
You should carefully read the specifications of the product before purchasing them to save yourself from investing in the wrong option.
For small-scale applications, such as the removal of bathroom tiles, floor scrapers, and smaller drills are more useful and will get the task done within minutes.
However, if you are purchasing these tools for large-scale projects, choosing a small drill can hinder your performance and will increase the completion time.
Thus, you should analyze all these things before setting out to choose a suitable tool for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a jackhammer to remove tile?
Yes, jackhammers can be used to remove tiles from a variety of surfaces. However, you should be careful about the end result.
It is fine if you want to crush the tile or are not worried about the breakage. However, if you are concerned about these things, then a jackhammer might not be suitable for you.
We suggest analyzing your requirement and then purchasing a suitable tool accordingly.
How do you remove ceramic tile without breaking it?
It might be challenging to remove the ceramic tile without breaking it. You can start by removing the grout using a grout saw or a utility knife and then position a chisel under the tile.
Be careful of the chisel position; it should be placed in the grout line under the tile. Afterward, tap it gently with the help of a hammer to loosen it a bit and achieve the desired results.
Be extremely careful to prevent the chipping or cracking of the tile.
Can I remove the tile myself?
Although you can remove the tile yourself at home, the process is challenging and is labor-intensive.
Thus, before trying it out at home, you should read all the instructions carefully and choose the appropriate tool for yourself to achieve the best results in a limited time.
You can also ask for some professional guidance to prevent yourself from making mistakes in the process.
There are a variety of tools available in the market ranging from floor scrapers to drilling machines that can be used for tile removal.
Based on maintenance, the material of construction, the purpose of investment, and the application scale, the following are our top three recommendations for all the beginners out there.
- Crescent 18” Indexing Flat Pry Bar for its narrow jab end, lightweight, enhanced portability, unrivaled durability, 180-degree rotation, and budget-friendliness.
- American Tools SDS Max Floor Scraper because of its sturdy construction, long-term use, hassle-free maintenance, increased portability, sharp exterior, and time-efficiency.
- BOSCH Bulldog Xtreme Drill due to its automatic locking mechanism, outstanding dust protection, maximum impact energy transfer, comfortable handle, and remarkable vibration control.
Thus, they are perfect for those looking for the best tool to remove tiles in 2022.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Reorder the blades set for the replacement Asin B08LCSTGLD Blade has swastika imprinted on it
- Easy Fixation and Additional 10 Blades 2 screws holding blade an additional 10 blades are given for easy replacement to prevent the blade from getting...
- Multi Use Prefectly scraper for glass wallpaper floors tile cooktops windshields wood metal and other hard surfaces to remove adhesive stickers labels...
- Labor Saving & Time Saving This 12 inch long handle scraper is much more efficient than other mini razer blade or short blade making cleaning work...
- FASTER – Industry feedback says this tool saves 50%-70% of time on demo projects!The worlds most versatile demolition tool. Spear points, forks...
- SAFER – Gives the user better balance and far more leverage than any demo tool!
- TIME SAVER – We know time equals money….enough said? Perfect for Contractors and Homeowners. Durable ( built from high strength steel ),...
- Can be used to remove flooring, subfloor, cabinets, drywall, trim, plaster, tile, fasteners. Operates as a pry bar, demo bar, pallet buster, wrecking...
- Straddles the stud our joist to maximize leverage and provide a unique fulcrum point for prying.
- ✅ VERSATILITY: Remove unwanted grout, thinset, mortar, caulking or dirt from tile joints and seams, fits any width of tile seams or deeper tile...
- ✅ TOP HARD TIPS: Made from super hard metal Tungsten Steel, it is harder than tile and any other metal include carbide and stainless steel, durable
- ✅ HIGH EFFICIENCY: Provides eight sharp scraping edges, based on this feature, for anyone with weak hands, it is easy to remove grout or scrape away...
- ✅ GO DEEPER: Provide fine tip, moderate tip and big tip, fit any width of tile seams or deeper tile joint, good for cleaning crack tiles and getting...
- ✅ USER FRIENDLY: With around 13 inches length to clean hard to reach spots and with ergonomic soft comfort grip handle to minimize fatigue under...
- 【LABOR-SAVING OPERATION】The trim puller equipped with a non-slip EDPM rubber handle rather than other flooring tools with rough clumsy handle, the...
- 【NO DAMAGE】The baseboard trim removal tool has a large, flatter, and wider contact area that can disperse the force without damaging the wall. Our...
- 【INNOVATIVE DESIGN】The baseboard removal tool equipped with a noise-reducing felt cloth cover to reduce the noise caused by the martinez hammer...
- 【HARDENED STEEL】The trim puller tool for baseboard is made of 48Rc hardened steel which is heated to temperature up to 900℃ for developing the...
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL TRIM PULLER】The trim removal tool has a 15-degree wedge-shaped center, completing all the work of the crowbar, claw and trim bar....
- 【High quality】Glass suction cup handle body constructed with aluminum alloy. The durable shell has higher hardness and longer service life, not...
- 【Unique design】Suction cup lifter is ergonomically designed to save processing time and labor. The handle has a non-slip design that increases...
- 【Easy to use】Each tile suction cup has a quick release and lock lever. Fast locking and release latches increase work efficiency. Suction cup...
- 【Wide application】Level suction : 200 lb / Vertical suction : 150 lb. Suitable for lifting and moving glass, floor, window, tile, granite, doors...
- 【Warm reminder】Must be used on clean, smooth, flat, non-porous, dry surfaces. Please store the suction cup in clean, dry condition, and pay...
- Trim Saving - The trim removal tool has a larger, flatter and wider contact area than clumsy traditional tools and features an integrated wedged...
- Revolutionary Tool - Our Trim Puller is a very beefy tool. The Build-in spring design assists in separating trim from wall freely and quickly. The 15...
- Durable Pry Bars - Our trim puller are made from 65 Mn steel with black electrophoretic and polished finish which protect against corrosion and give...
- Multi-Function - Ideal for commercial work, repair and remodel projects where care and precision are needed including cabinets, countertops, flooring...
- Ergonomic Handle - All our trim puller is built with an ergonomic, comfortable and textured dipped handle. An impact absorbing FPR handle makes it...
- 【REMODELING MULTI-TOOL】designed specifically for safety removing baseboards, molding, door casings, decorative panel and even nailed or glued...
- 【DAMAGE REDUCTION 】The Trim Puller has a larger, flatter and wider contact area that features an integrated wedged center that provides increased...
- 【LABOR-SAVING OPERATION 】COMFORT GRIP, SHOCK-ABSORBING EDPM HANDLE: This trim puller is capped off with an EDPM handle that feels comfortable in...
- 【HARDENED STEEL MATERIAL 】DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION-BUILT TO LAST: Made with durable high carbon, heat treated steel with a ground bevel on the...
- 【Great Service】We provide you with 100% refund guarantee and free exchange service for defective products.