Digging through the soil, especially in the presence of stones, can be challenging, even if you use a tractor. Thus, the majority of the consumers reach for expensive technologies to get the task done.
However, not anymore. Manufacturers have developed post hole diggers that can be attached with tractors via any drilling machine to achieve the desired result.
These post holes diggers are available in a variety of sizes and are constructed using carbon steel. Therefore, they are not only versatile but also durable in nature and won’t corrode easily.
But with a variety of options to choose from, it often becomes difficult to choose a suitable product for yourself.
So, we have included the seven best hole diggers for tractors to aid you in the selection process, along with a detailed buying guide.
Top Picks of 2022
1. ECO LLC 63cc Post Hole Digger – Best Hydraulic Post Hole Digger
ECO LLC 63cc Post Hole Digger is our utmost recommendation to all the users out there and is also one of the most expensive options included in the list of the best post hole digger for tractors.
We highly recommend it for fence posts and drilling holes for trees and other related vegetation due to its remarkable durability and unrivaled performance efficiency.
In addition to this, the multiple size components available in the system allow you to choose the size of the hole depending on the requirements.
Thus, offering enhanced versatility in the long term. You can use it on a diverse variety of surfaces without worrying about damage.
The digger is powered by gasoline and helps you complete the task rapidly as compared to other products available in a similar price range.
Despite its high price, we highly suggest investing in this version of the ECO LLC diggers to achieve the best of both worlds.
ECO LLC 63cc Post Hole Digger stands out among the rest of its counterparts and is constructed using high-quality materials.
Thus, you do not need to worry about damaging it when used in harsh weather conditions or on hard ground. This, coupled with its user-friendliness, makes it our top choice for drilling activities.
2. ECO Gas Powered Post Hole Digger – Best 3 Point Post Hole Digger
ECO Gas Powered Post Hole Digger is another performance-efficient product that is developed by the ECO LLC trademark.
However, this version is two times less expensive as compared to its previously mentioned counterpart and is perfect for those that can not afford high-priced tools.
Despite its low price, it offers tough competition to others of its kind and ensures an unmatched performance result.
The highlighting feature of the model is the inclusion of a handle that allows you to grab it easily without putting much pressure around your wrist and arm.
This, coupled with its ergonomic design and user-friendliness, adds five stars to its overall performance. Thus, enhancing its popularity among consumers of diverse backgrounds.
The recoil starts along with a hassle-free fuel delivery system that is characterized by fast startup and allows you to complete the whole task in the shortest possible time.
ECO Gas Powered Post Hole Digger is a gas-powered tool that features hassle-free assembly and is perfect for beginners.
Furthermore, it is integrated with an air cooling system that is responsible for heat dissipation and improves the overall performance in the long term.
3. Findmall Powered Post Hole Digger – Tractor Post Hole Digger
Findmall Powered Post Hole Digger also falls towards the lower end of the price spectrum and never fails to amaze us with its outstanding performance and high-quality construction.
The product is versatile in nature and can be used with a wide variety of Auger machine heads without any performance inefficiency.
In addition to this, the carbon steel construction imparts durability to the digger’s surface and protects it from getting damaged in the long term.
This, coupled with the black powder coating, provides weather resistance and prevents the digger from corrosion and rusting even when exposed to heavy rain and snowfall.
Another prominent attribute of the system is the ability of the tool to drill holes in a variety of soil types without exerting additional effort.
Last but not least, it is user-friendly in nature and is easier to operate as compared to other related tools. Thus, it can also be used by beginners without any inconvenience.
Findmall Powered Post Hole Digger is easier to use as compared to its other counterparts and is equipped with some of the top-notch attributes.
The digger contains holes that can be used to remove dust from the system and prevent unwanted clogging. Hence, offering unparalleled performance efficiency.
4. WEMARS Post Hole Digger
WEMARS Post Hole Digger is yet another expensive product included in the list of the best post hole digger for tractors and is worth the investment due to its top-notch construction.
This versatile tool can be integrated with a wide variety of drilling machines and tractor types without worrying about performance inefficiency.
In addition to this, the ergonomic design helps you to maintain balance while operating the tool and offers ease of use as opposed to other products available in a similar price range.
We also appreciate the inclusion of 2 metal auger bits that speed up the digging process and help achieve the desired results in the shortest possible time.
Another remarkable attribute of the hole digger is the low gas and noise emission that contributes to the environmental friendliness and improves the overall efficiency of the system to a great extent.
We assure you will not feel disappointed with this investment.
WEMARS Post Hole Digger stands out among the rest of its counterparts and displays remarkable performance efficiency.
It is highly popular among consumers of diverse backgrounds due to its weather resistance and manual recoil startup that makes it easier to start and increases its user-friendliness.
5. PROYAMA Gas Powered Post Hole Digger
PROYAMA Gas Powered Post Hole Digger might be the last product on the list but does not lag behind its other counterparts, thanks to its durable construction and high-quality attributes.
This version of the PROYAMA hole digger is certified by the EPA and is environmentally friendly in nature.
It is characterized by less carbon and noise emissions and displays outstanding efficiency as compared to its other industrial counterparts.
We highly recommend it for commercial activities due to its increased versatility and ability to perform efficiently when used with multiple types of drilling machines and tractors.
The 54cc engine incorporated in the system is extremely powerful in nature and enables you to perform difficult and hard tasks within the shortest possible time.
Hence, contributing to time-efficiency in the long term. Last but not least, the model is available with a five-year warranty and thus, can be replaced in case of technical defects.
PROYAMA Gas Powered Post Hole Digger is second to none in terms of performance and efficiency.
It is equipped with a vibration reduction handle that allows you to grab it perfectly without any shaking. Thus, making it easier to operate it even for beginners.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing
Material of Construction
First and foremost, the material of construction is highly important while purchasing the hole digger for the tractor.
Not only does this improve the durability of the digger, but it also imparts corrosion and weather-resistant properties that improve the average life of the tool.
The most common material used to construct the hole diggers is the carbons steel along with black powder coating.
The steel itself is durable in nature and becomes weather and rust-resistant when coated with black powder. We highly recommend products developed using a similar composition for best results.
Size of Hole
Next up on the list is the size of the hole. There are models that feature more than one digger of varying sizes and allow you to choose the desired size for best results.
However, that is not always the case. Sometimes, the product only contains one digger. In such cases, you should carefully monitor the size of the digger and whether or not it is compatible with your requirements.
This will help in selecting the most suitable option for yourself and will minimize the chances of performance issues or incorrect measurements.
Noise is another factor that must not be neglected while purchasing the best post-hole digger for a tractor. This is especially unimportant when you are working near a residential area.
Purchasing units that feature silent working conditions will not only prevent you from disturbing others but will also lower the fatigue associated with loud noises.
There are tools that have already incorporated noise-reducing technologies that produce less noise and improve the overall working conditions significantly.
Last but not least, the price shall also be taken into account in this regard. The majority of the consumers neglect this factor and end up spending more than expected.
This not only over-strain their budget but might also cloud their judgment, thereby leading to the purchase of inappropriate tools that might not fulfill their requirements.
We recommend analyzing one’s requirements beforehand to avoid such a situation and narrowing down the options based on price for the best results.
Once the desired list has been generated, you can further rate them according to other parameters as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are PTO post-hole diggers?
These are specialized types of post-hole diggers that work on rotational energy. The term PTO refers to the Power take-off.
The PTO post hole diggers are attached to the tractor using the PTO attachment and can be separated from the system when not in use.
The attachment is the major channel of rotation energy transfer between the hole diggers and the tractor and can significantly impact the digging efficiency.
How do you dig fence posts in the rocky ground?
For digging holes in rocky ground, it is advised to use heavy-duty post-hole diggers for better results. However, before you begin with the process, you should manually remove the hard rocks and stones using a shovel or any other sharp tool.
This will help you loosen the soil and make it easier to dig holes using hole diggers. It might be difficult for diggers to pass through hard soil particles.
Will a post-hole digger cut through roots?
No, no matter how efficient a post-hole digger might be, it is still not sharp enough to cut through hard roots.
Plant roots are made up of xylem and phloem cells that are highly rigid in nature and can damage the blade of a digger in some cases.
However, there are some highly efficient heavy-duty diggers that can penetrate the roots to some extent, but they also have a limit and can not completely cut the roots.
Post-hole diggers have been the talk of the town for a long time. These tools are highly sharp and durable in nature and can easily penetrate through soil particles.
Thus, allowing you to drill holes without exerting additional effort. The article provided some insights into the five best post-hole diggers for tractors, along with a detailed buying guide.
Based on the careful analysis of the above-mentioned product, the following are our ultimate recommendations to all the users.
- ECO LLC 63cc Post Hole Digger for its user-friendliness, manual recoil start, remarkable durability, time efficiency, and unrivaled performance.
- ECO Gas Powered Post Hole Digger because of its exceptional durability, enhanced versatility, ergonomic design, vibration-free handle, and budget-friendliness.
- PROYAMA Gas Powered Post Hole Digger due to its ease of use, hassle-free assembly, vibration reduction handle, weather resistance, and environmental friendliness.
Thus, they are perfect for those searching for the best post hole digger for a tractor.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- RELIABLE & POWERFUL: Outstanding power, durability and efficiency from a 1-man earth auger. Industrial air filtration keeps dirt out of your engine...
- DURABLE & TOUGH: The Powerhead is lightweight yet built with heavy-duty construction using steel welded handlebars. The transmission features ball...
- COMFORTABLE – The powerhead features anti-vibration foam-grip handles, with an easy-to-grip fingertip throttle control.
- RUGGED: The included 8” auger is constructed of durable steel, heavy-duty welds and a powder coat finish. Complete with fishtail point, Flex Coil...
- RIGHT SIZED: With a 36” long auger, the Earthquake auger makes drilling easy for standing upright when starting or drilling deeper on larger...
- Available on tooltuffdirect website
- Choose from 6", 9", 12" augers, (or no auger at all)
- Compatible with all augers that attach to a 2" gearbox shaft w/ 2 shear bolts
- Backed by our exceptional customer service
- Can handle up to 75 hp tractors
- Category 1 & Category 2 Compatible
- Super Heavy Duty Model
- Includes Warranty & Exceptional Customer Service
- Comes in Auger Combos up to 5 Augers, 6", 9", 12", 18" and 24" HD Augers!
- 3 point post hole digger
- 【72CC GASLINE ENGINE】The auger is ideal for quickly drilling into the earth in order to set into the ground: fence posts, poles, trees, shrubs...
- 【MULTIPLE SIZE DRILL BITS】Ultra Blade System Can be Changed / Sharpened / Replaced Auger ,Included with 1 Metre Full Length,4'' & 8'' & 12''...
- 【EASY TO HANDLE】Comfortable Quality Ergonomic Hand Grips, Post hole diggers are made adaptable with most standard auger bits; Easy-to-grip finger...
- 【EASY START SYSTEM 】Engineered with a manual recoil start easy fuel delivery system that allows for a quick-pull start action and Large Capacity...
- 【ABOUT SHIPPING】We offer a free expedited delivery service at checkout, Faster delivery by FEDEX or UPS, all orders expected to be delivered...
- ☛【52CC GASLINE ENGINE】The auger is ideal for quickly drilling into the earth in order to set into the ground: fence posts, poles, trees, shrubs...
- ☛【MULTIPLE SIZE DRILL BITS】Supplied with bits of 6" & 10" meet your different hole dig requirements..With this tool, you will be enabling...
- ☛【MAIN PARAMTER】Engine: Single Cylinder, 2-stroke, air-cooled; 2 Cycle Oil /Gasoline Mixing Ratio:1:25 ; Safety: Bit Lock; Power: 1.8KW/8000rpm;...
- ☛【PERFECT DIRT DIGGING】Lightweight & Easy to start, it is the perfect machine that will empower you to have ultimate control of over your land.
- ☎【ACCESSORIES】2 auger bits: 6" and 10" ; Extension Rod; Fuel Mixing Bottle; Manual.Tip: If your item is shipped by Amazon warehouse, all the...