Setting up a skincare routine is, to put it simply, a necessity. Having great skin will greatly impact the way you feel about yourself every time you look at the mirror.
Luckily for you, there are so many natural products out there that help you do it. With so many options at your disposal, setting up a skincare routine should be your priority when it comes to taking care of yourself.
So, with all that said, we are going to help do just that, so don’t go anywhere.
Before We Begin
It’s essential to mention that we’ll mainly discuss three things. Those are cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
All three are vital for the success of this routine, and all three will play an equal role in establishing your skincare routine. The goal here is to have the best skin possible, so neglecting either of these will reflect poorly on the process.
Another thing to mention is that you have to give it time. This isn’t an instant process and it will take some time before you start noticing visible results.
Now that we’ve cleared the air, let’s start.
Can you tell you what you do when you wake up? Do you go to the bathroom and splash your face with water? Well, that’s just about what cleansing is.
An absolute necessity for any person, washing your face in the morning is a routine that no person misses; even if the person has neither clue nor interest about skincare.
Our faces get into contact with so many pollutants from our environment. Stuff such as dirt and debris can plague our skin and prevent it from properly breathing through the pores.
So, that’s why it’s highly recommended that you start your day with a nice face wash, and end it in the same way. This way you’re effectively unclogging potentially clogged pores, and letting your skin breathe throughout the day and night.
But water doesn’t do it justice, unfortunately. While washing with water does help, it doesn’t do it properly. That’s why you need to use a facial cleanser. This is nothing but a simple product that uses a formula to cleanse your skin without taking any of the essential oils that it needs.
It’s highly recommended to use such products once per week and to avoid any that come with abrasive ingredients that can harm you.
There are, however, more than one cleanser type out there. Choosing the right one can be rather hard and tricky since it takes into account the type of skin. We will hopefully try and connect the dots between your skin type and the type of cleanser you need.
- For oily skin or acne-prone, make sure to use a foaming liquid to easily break down dirt and release pores.
- For dry skin, eczema-prone, and red skin, make sure to use a cream or lotion solution.
- For sensitive skin, its best recommended that you use an oil cleanser.
- For mature skin, a melting balm will do it justice.
- While any other type of skin will go perfectly with a micellar water cleanser.
When on the lookout for the best cleansers, it’s highly recommended you opt for the products of the highest quality. You can find the best cleanser by buying from the professionals, and the professionals over at Garnier have the best ones on display.
Toning might sound like something coming from the 80s’, but it is essentially a liquid formula that helps your skin absorb better.
A toner can mostly be characterized as nothing but a supplement that gives your skin the much-needed ingredients and nutrients to stay healthy. It is a formula that helps balance these nutrients and also improves your skin’s absorbing properties.
Toners are made from various ingredients that give you the stuff you’re missing from your other products. It is an essential product that makes a large portion of your skincare routine.
Some of the most popular toners are made from ingredients that you should be on the lookout. If you’re looking to add a toner to your routine, then these are the ingredients to look out for:
- Hyaluronic Acid: This acid performs several things. First off, it boosts hydration, which is very important, while also sealing in dewiness and treats beauty lines. It is the second most popular toner ingredient only behind…
- Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acid: We must keep our pores unclogged at all times so that our skin can breathe properly. This is exactly what this acid does. Add to the fact that it also removed dead cells, improves sun-damaged skin, and also minimizes dullness, and you’ve got yourself an everyday toner that works best with all types of skins.
- Rose Water & Green Tea: This sounds something coming out of a British movie, but don’t let the name fool you from the fact that rose water & green tea and ingredients that help with redness and inflammation to our skin.
- Vitamin E and C: Our skin can greatly age if exposed to free radicals on a daily bases. As it turns out, our skin is exposed to this stuff on a daily bases. But, there is a way to combat that, and that is by using a toner with Vitamin E and C ingredients.
The last “ingredient” that makes up your daily skincare routine is the moisturizer. Moisturizing also hydrates your skin, but it does it much better than a toner.
This is because it’s a moisturizer’s primary job to do so; while a toner adds the stuff we need the most. Using moisturizers is of utmost importance if you are to preserve the healthy oils of your skin while also creating a protective layer.
Different types of moisturizers accommodate different types of skins. Those are:
- For oily skins use gel moisturizer.
- For normal skin, a lotion is the perfect moisturizer type.
- For dry skins, on the other hand, a cream type is best applied.
- And use balm type for sensitive and inflamed skin type.