If you are planning to build your home gym, dumbbells are a necessity. However, are they enough for your home gym? No one is sure of that. Furthermore, it also depends on many other factors. If you wish to remain fit and avoid getting a fatty body, a home gym with only dumbbells is enough.
On the other hand, if you are planning to start bodybuilding, only dumbbells won’t be enough. You will need more equipment for that. However, that does not mean that they won’t do anything. Of course, dumbbells are of great value. Therefore, you can easily work on your muscles with them. But the results won’t be the same with complete equipment and only dumbbells.
Make your home gym (dumbbells only)
If you wish to achieve a muscular body with only dumbbells, you will need to follow certain exercises. Likewise, you will need a particular diet plan.
But first of all, you will need to make your home gym. So if you are looking to buy dumbbells, you can go to SMRTFT. They have a wide range of gym equipment and sports gear. Thus, you can buy accessories, equipment and sports gear.
The things that you will need for your dumbbells home gym include;
- Heavy dumbbells, because they are essential. A set with 70 lbs. weight would be better for men who wish to gain muscles. Furthermore, you won’t need to upgrade them when you gain muscles from lighter ones.
- Adjustable weight bench. Although it is not essential, we recommend you to buy it. This will help you to do your back, abdominal, and chest exercises effectively. Even if you are using dumbbells only, the weight bench will improve the performance of all the exercises.
- Protein powder is also essential and highly recommended because it will provide enough nutrients to build your muscles. The least amount of protein that you should intake is 1 gram if you wish to gain muscles. Therefore, protein powder will be easier to intake.
Apart from this, you will need a proper set of exercises and fulfill your daily nutrient requirements.
3-day workout routine
If you are a beginner, you will need to start with smaller steps. So here is a 3-day workout plan.
You will do exercise 3 days a week and it will take you around 45 to 75 minutes. The time depends on your stamina.
Exercises for day 1
The exercises are;
- Dumbbell deadlift. Do 3 sets of this exercise and repeat 6 to 15 times depending on your stamina. You can gradually increase the number of reps. This exercise will target your leg muscles.
- Flat dumbbell bench press. If you have your weight bench, you can have better results with this exercise. Do 3 sets with 6 to 10 reps, in total. This exercise will target your chest muscles.
- Bent-over dumbbell row. You won’t need any special equipment except for dumbbells to do this exercise. Do 3 sets with 6 to 10 reps, in each set. This will target the muscles of your back.
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press. Do 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps. As the name shows, it is for your shoulder muscles and it will be better to do this on the weight bench to get maximum results.
- Dumbbell-weighted decline sit-ups. The number of sets is the same i.e. 3 but the reps should be 8 to 15. This exercise will target your abdominal muscles. Thus, it will help you get your 6 packs.
- Dumbbell bicep curls. Again, 3 sets with 8 to 15 reps each. The target muscles are the arms. So you will have your bulky biceps in no time.
If you are not buying the weight bench, you can do a floor press for sit-ups, shoulder press and bench press. While for the shoulder press, you can do it on a chair.
Exercises for day 2
- Goblet squats with dumbbells. 3 sets with 6 to 15 reps. And it will target your leg muscles.
- Dumbbell weighted chest dips. Do 6 to 10 reps in 3 sets. The target muscles will be your chest. You will need to wear a belt to do this exercise.
- Upright row. Do 6 to 10 reps in 3 sets and get the muscles on your back.
- Chest supported incline reverse fly. Do 8 to 15 reps in 3 sets. This exercise will target your shoulders. It would be better to use an adjustable weight bench for this.
- Dumbbells side bends. Again, do 8 to 15 reps in 3 sets. This will target your abdominal muscles.
- Overhead tricep extensions. You need to tone up the muscles of your whole arms and not just the biceps. Do this exercise in reps 8 to 15 in 3 sets. This will build your triceps.
Day 3 exercises
- Dumbbell lunges. 6 to 10 reps in 3 sets. Lunges are quite beneficial for building the muscles of your legs.
- Incline dumbbell bench press. Do 6 to 10 reps in 3 sets. This exercise is for your chest muscles.
- Dumbbell weighted pull-ups. Do 6 to 10 reps in 3 sets and it will build up your back muscles. It is better to use a power tower or a belt while doing these pull-ups. But if you do not have a belt or a power tower, you can do standing dumbbells crossover instead.
- Lateral raise with dumbbells. This exercise is for your shoulder muscles. Do this in reps of 8 to 15 and in 3 sets.
- Hanging leg raise with dumbbells. Leg raises target your abdominal muscles and so does this. So do 8 to 15 reps of this exercise in 3 sets.
- Bicep curl or bicep extension. Do it in reps of 8 to 15 and in 3 sets. This will build your arm muscles.