Bitcoin is a virtual currency that allows people to transact without any governmental or regulatory authority interference. Although many people were initially skeptical about Bitcoin and other digital currencies, more and more people have now embraced them and are acquiring them to enjoy their benefits. However, knowing how to sell Bitcoin for cash is just as crucial as knowing how to invest in the digital currency in the first place.
Reasons to sell Bitcoin for cash
So, why do you need to understand how to sell Bitcoin for cash? Here are some reasons:
- To meet a need for liquidity: if you need money urgently, you can consider selling some of your Bitcoin because it is a highly liquid asset. You may need to pay with a fiat currency in places that don’t accept BTC.
- To cash out profits from price increases: BTC holders make profits when the price increases, so if the value of Bitcoin goes up significantly, you can sell some of your stake to reap the rewards.
- To deal with security concerns: Bitcoin—and other digital assets— are vulnerable to online security risks including hacking of online exchanges and wallets. If you feel there are security risks to your BTC, you can sell all or some of your stake and keep your wealth in less risky forms such as cash.
- To diversify your investment: it is a crucial part of any investment strategy not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you have a considerable portion of your money invested in BTC, you should cash out some of them and invest in other areas.
- To avoid imminent losses: given that prices of digital currencies fluctuate unexpectedly, you can consider selling some or all of your Bitcoin for cash to avoid possible losses due to price decreases.
Various ways how to sell Bitcoin for cash
If you have been wondering how to sell Bitcoin for cash, you need not worry because there are several ways to cash out your BTC. Below are some of the methods you can use to liquidate your bitcoins:
Using Bitcoin ATMs
You use cash ATMs every day to withdraw fiat currencies such as USD and Turkish lira from your bank account. A Bitcoin ATM is just like a cash dispensing machine but it is there to allow you to buy and sell Bitcoin instantly for cash. These ATMs are often strategically situated in public places such as airports, shopping malls, and other popular areas.
You can sell your BTC for cash via a Bitcoin ATM by following easy steps, including scanning your wallet’s QR code, confirming the quantity of BTC you want to sell, and authorizing the transfer from your wallet. After that, you will receive the cash value of the bitcoins. The automated machines are fast and convenient but often charge much higher fees than other methods.
Using crypto exchanges
Another method you can use to sell Bitcoin for cash is using cryptocurrency exchanges such as NakitCoins. NakitCoins is one of the leading exchanges in Turkey. Other crypto exchanges include Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken, to mention a few.
Crypto exchanges offer investors a way to sell Bitcoin for cash or other cryptocurrencies. While most operate only online, some exchanges run physical premises where you can walk in and transact in cash.
If you are in Turkey, consider visiting a NakitCoins office, and enjoy the convenience and speed you desire, along with the utmost security as you sell your Bitcoin for cash. You can also top up your Bitcoin holding in one of the NakitCoins’ offices.
The beauty of using crypto exchanges to sell Bitcoin for cash is that they are safe and charge reasonable fees. The platforms are one-stop shops that allow investors to invest in other common and less-known digital currencies.
Using peer-to-peer exchanges
Peer-to-peer exchanges are platforms that help to connect crypto currency buyers and sellers who make deals directly between each other by agreeing on the price and payment method. Some of the most popular P2P exchanges are Paxful and LocalBitcoins.
You can find buyers for your BTC via P2P exchanges and then agree on a price and payment method. Using one of these platforms is easy because you only need to open an account, look for a buyer, and reach an agreement on the terms of the sale. You can then meet with the buyer and close the deal after confirming they have wired you the money or getting the cash in your hands. You may need to have a laptop or smartphone to transfer BTC from your wallet to the buyer’s wallet.
Because dealing with strangers poses risks, you should only meet buyers in safe public places such as coffee shops. Consider taking someone along to keep an eye on you. Luckily, some P2P platforms offer escrow services to ensure security for both the buyer and the seller. Each party has to keep up their part of the bargain before they receive their assets.
Considerations when choosing a method to sell Bitcoin for cash
As you look for the best way to sell your BTC for cash, you need to consider a few things:
- Security – ensuring your virtual currencies, like BTC and others, are safe and secure as you transact is crucial. Choose a safe method, like a crypto exchange, and take any necessary measures to beef up your security.
- Convenience – you should ensure your chosen way of cashing out BTC allows you the convenience to transact at the best time for you and receive funds in the method you prefer.
- Speed – the option you choose to sell your Bitcoin for cash should be fast and avoid unnecessary delays.
- Transaction fees – choose a method with reasonable fees and ensure the amount charged makes sense for you.
- Reputation – as you pick a way to cash your BTC, for example, a specific crypto exchange, choose one with many positive reviews or that is reputable for excellent customer service, safety, and so on.
Risks of selling BTC for cash
While selling Bitcoin for cash has many benefits, it poses such risks as being scammed, other fraud, and even identity theft if you deal with unprofessional platforms. If you want to be safe, always use only well-reputed exchanges, P2P platforms, or other safe methods such as Bitcoin ATMs, and be cautious.
As you can see, it is easy to sell Bitcoin for cash, and you can choose from several methods. The options for cashing out Bitcoin include crypto exchanges, P2P exchanges, and Bitcoin ATMs. As you select the way to use, consider transaction fees, security, convenience, transaction speed, and anything else that matters to you.