In today’s world, the only way to stay competitive is by upskilling. However, it is not easy to get such expertise and skills. However, with so many technologies and certifications, it is hard to choose which one is right for you. Among all the popular professional certifications that you can choose, PMP is the most valuable. Interviewers are looking for people who want to fill in the position of a project manager. However, they will prioritize candidates who have PMP certification over candidates who don’t.
Currently, jobs in the field of project management are high in demand. So, several people will be applying for this job. The company will have to use a lot of time and resources for interviewing and assessing the potential of the applicants. So, what they do is filter out as many candidates as possible before the interview process. This is where a PMP certification will come in handy. It is an objective way of shortlisting the candidates. In fact, many companies make it mandatory for candidates to have PMP certification. So, without the credentials, you won’t be able to apply for the position.
Also, if you are planning to advance in the company you are currently working in, according to knowledgehut.com, PMP certification can be valuable. It will put you ahead of your colleagues and help you move up the career ladder. A certified manager will do much better in an interview than a non-certified one. So, if you are planning to get the certification, you have to enroll in a training program. What you need to do is find a training provider that suits your need the best. Here are a few things you should look out for:
You can easily find several books on PMP preparation. However, you don’t have to waste your time reading these books if the training provider provides a comprehensive training program. The program should be designed in such a way that it helps in covering all the topics and clearing all the doubts. Also, the training program should cover the registration process for the examination.
All the candidates who wish to take the PMP examination have to fill the application form as per the below-mentioned criteria:
- A high school diploma with at least 7500 hours of experience leading and directing projects or bachelor’s degree with at least 4500 hours of experience leading and directing projects.
- At least 35 hours of Project Management training is mandatory.
Your training program will help you earn the 35 PDUs for the training.
Becoming a member of the Bangalore Chapter of PMI is not mandatory. However, it does offer the following benefits:
- Discount offers like the lower exam fee
- Attend exclusive workshops
- Avail PMI standards like the PMBOK Guide
- Meet with the current project management professionals so that you can learn from their experience.
PMI Exam booking
Your training provider should assist you through the process of application registration. This way, you only have to focus on preparing for the exam. All you will have to do is select the exam center.
This is a crucial resource that can be used for the preparation of the PMP certification exam. Although, it is a complicated book that is difficult to understand. You will need help in this area.
How much and how you practice will determine how well you do in the exam. You must select a training provider that provides a complete preparation package. They should provide you practice modules.
With the right training organization, you will be able to get the PMP certification in no time. Once you get your PMP certification, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Adds value to the resume – When you have a PMP certification, you become a desirable candidate for employers looking for project management professionals. They will prefer PMP-certified professionals over non-certified ones.
- Offers industry recognition – PMP certification is a globally-recognized certification that does not focus on a specific geography or domain. PMP can be used for any industry and in any location, no matter what your professional background and industry. Data shows that the increase in the number of PMP-certified project managers also increases the success rate of the projects. Also, the companies know that certified managers can complete the project within budget and on time. If you have just begun your career in the field of project management, PMP certification can help in making up for the lack of experience.
- Helps you learn important skills – There are several project managers in the job market. However, you have to stand apart from the crowd in order to advance in your career. Having a PMP certification will make your resume look more attractive to recruiters. Also, the PMBOK certification will teach you about the important skills you need for excelling in your career.
- Helps you get higher income – The best benefit of PMP certification is that it helps in getting a higher salary. Across different industries, the average salary of a certified project manager is higher than that of non-certified managers. Also, PMP has been one of the highest-paid Project Management certifications and the trend indicates that the salaries will only grow in the future. Apart from the better income, PMP certification will also help in enhancing job security.
- Provides networking opportunities – There are about 773,840 PMP certification holders in the world. When you become a PMI member, you become a part of this elite club. PMI regularly arranges meetings in major cities for members. Members can use these meetings to earn Professional Development Units or PDUs. All PMI certification holders must earn PDUs to actively maintain their PMI certification(s). 60 PDU’s are required to renew certification for every subsequent three years. These units can be counted on to fulfill the Continuing Certification Requirement or CCRs.
- Validates your dedication towards this job – Before you can get PMP certified, you have to meet certain conditions. PMP has high standards. When you clear the exam successfully, it portrays your dedication to your job. It also implies that you are serious about having project management as your long-term career path.
If you want to grow in your career, you have to become better at your current job. Experience can help you in learning how to manage projects. However, certification can do the same in a lesser span of time.