The performance of the best gun grease is important for us. Why? Because we don’t want you to deal with the trouble of investing in something unreliable.
More often than not, this happens to most buyers while searching for the best of the best, they end up paying more for a product that’s short-lived.
Unless you plan on going to a shop each time you want to advance your gun, you need gun grease for your gun’s safety. With gun grease, there’s no noise and friction. And you have it with you for much longer than expected.
Finally, you have to buy the perfect gun grease because of the way it’s designed. Let me do most of the work for you to help you buy the best at an affordable price.
Best Gun Grease 2022
There are two important types of gun lubrication forms: grease and oil. Gun oil is perfect for cleaning hard-to-reach areas while gun grease is for a longer-lasting effect.
The latter is best for all sorts of cleaning, protection, and lubrication. And at the other end of the spectrum, they promote the smooth flexibility of any gun.
If you didn’t already know this, it’s time you upgrade to gun grease right away.
Gun Grease Name
|Tetra Gun 004B1I ||
#1 (Editor choice)
|Rifles, pistols, shotguns||Yes||1-ounce tube|
|Mil-Comm TW25B Grease||
|All types of firearms||Almost None||1.5-ounce tube|
|Slip2000 60341 EWG||
|Metal, wood, plastic parts||None||4-ounce jar|
|Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Grease||
|Guns, fishing tackle, and tools||Yes||1.75-ounce tube|
|Super Lube 21030 Synthetic Grease||
|Compatible with other lubricants||None||3-ounce tube|
|Sentry Solutions HI-SLIP GREASE||
|All types of metal, guns, and knife||Yes||0.8-ounce syringe|
|Birchwood Casey RUG4 Rig Universal Grease||
|All types of firearms||None||3-ounce jar|
Doesn’t matter how often you use your gun, it needs to be taken care of. I found many grease brands to choose from, but only high-caliber grease can get the job done.
1. Tetra Gun 004B1I – Best Gun Grease for Ease of Use
The Tetra Gun Grease starts as a white fluoropolymer grease and ends as a colorless coating. It’s low friction gun grease for all moving gun parts. It features long-term weapon protection, regardless of the gun you use. It maintains proper weather resistance and can withstand intense use for many hours.
I also liked that it doesn’t feature a sticky consistency, unlike many grease brands. All you need to do is apply a tiny amount of grease. And using a swab or piece of clothing, you can rub it on the metal parts. It takes only minutes to coat all moving pieces of the gun, so it’s a time-effective buy too!
Known for its anti-friction, anti-corrosion, and tough coat, this grease is very reliable. But it does have a minor drawback. It has an unyielding odor that’ll last for days. Following which, the grease smell is hardly under one’s nose.
- It can handle extreme temperatures.
- Suited for all types of firearms.
- The grease features a strong odor that sticks for a couple of days after applying.
2. Mil-Comm TW25B Grease – Best Durable Gun Grease
Even a single drop of the Mil-Comm TW25B Grease will do the job. This gun grease fits the bill for complete firearm protection. It’s the perfect gun grease you need for your gun cleaning tool kit. The smooth and tender consistency sits well on all types of firearms.
I liked the way this grease goes a long way to prevent powder, rust, and debris buildup for a better effect. You can apply it in an easy way and it stays for longer, offering extreme resilience.
The gun grease features a non-toxic composition and effect. This means that even a single drop of grease after cleaning will not cause external harm.
You might have a problem cleaning the grease off the moving parts after you coat it a few times.
This happens more often after shooting.
- It is the most aggressive gun grease for all weather protection.
- It is easy to apply and run on metal parts for lubrication.
- The grease is thick enough to not drip after application.
- It is hard to remove.
3. Slip2000 60341 EWG – Best Versatile Grease
The Slip2000 60341 is the average gun enthusiast’s most favorite tool. It is everything you would want from gun grease; from extreme weather protection to decay resistance. It features the strongest composition and effect for a longer lasting shine.
Even if you tread in hot climates, the grease won’t melt into places. Unlike other greases on the market. Plus, its protection coating doesn’t dare attract any dust, powder, or debris. You can use this for greasing any metal, wood, and plastic parts. And it also decreases clean-up time by almost half.
For your complete gun care and safety, the Slip2000 is an incredible companion. It bears all surfaces, reduces friction, and prevents recurring jams. But if you want something that doesn’t hold up carbon residue, this grease might fall behind. It’s known to contain carbon, which also makes it harder to clean.
- It can handle extreme temperatures.
- The grease is plastic, wood, and metal defensive.
- It leaves carbon residue which can become hard to clean after shooting.
4. Hoppe’s No. 9 Gun Grease – Ideal for Long-Term Gun Storing Needs
This gun grease contender makes an excellent lubricant for long-term storage. It’s best for those guns that sit idle longer than they come in use.
If you use your guns on very rare occasions, you don’t have to worry about storing your guns. With the help of Hoppe’s No. 9, you can maintain guns for months without any flaw.
It features a soft butter-like consistency. And it’s not runny and liquidy like some other brands out there. How these grease works is it displaces moisture and protects against oxidation. It targets those areas that are more likely to rust due to inaction.
I found that this gun grease might feel a little too liquidy once in contact with heat. But that won’t be a problem for those who don’t mind using a swab for cleaning guns after use.
- It provides optimal lubrication and protection against decay for months.
- The grease consistency is very smooth and less sticky.
- The grease consistency feels too thin on heated metal pieces.
5. Super Lube 21030 – It Offers Many Adaptable and Efficient Features Perfect for Firearm Protection
If you want to save your gun from drying out or decaying, the Super Lube 21030 is perfect. It features a heavy-duty, NLGI grade composition. It’s not only used for guns but other purposes such as screws, faucets, etc.
The benefits of this gun grease go far and wide. It is water-resistant and doesn’t feel too runny. It is one of the most recommended greases for anyone who owns a firearm. Whether it’s an automatic pistol, or a rifle gun, etc.
With the help of a cotton swab, you can coat it on all metal parts. You shouldn’t expect it to co
me apart sooner or later. Even at a mild temperature shift, this gun grease adapts in the most efficient way.
The only problem with this gun grease is that it runs very thick while rubbing on the moving pieces of the gun. Although it doesn’t drip, spill, or feel sticky while coating. And this is a huge plus point.
- It’s a multipurpose gun grease.
- It is water-resistant.
- This gun grease features a thicker consistency.
6. Sentry Solutions HI-SLIP GREASE – A Basic One for Most People
The Sentry Solutions HI-SLIP GREASE is a product that’s been around for a long time. It is not only great for gun cleaning but also ideal for lubrication. It even comes waterproof-ready.
This grease gun features a smooth composition that works hard to insulate. Moreover, I found that its rust-resistant quality is hard to beat on the market today. Before you place your bets on something any less helpful, take a close look at this grease.
It can handle temperature changes. It’s better for locking lugs and guns that have to withstand extreme conditions. I also like it for its anti-galling mechanism. What is does it prevents sliding surfaces from jamming under high loads.
This product’s full account features a tiny glitch. Unlike most other higher-grade gun greases, the Sentry Solutions features black grease. This means it can leave stains on the metal parts of any gun.
- It features a very smooth grease consistency.
- It comes in a plastic syringe which makes it easy to apply.
- It has black grease that might leave stains on metal pieces.
- Not intend to be refilled
7. Birchwood Casey RUG4 Rig Universal Grease – The Best Gun Grease for Corrosion Protection
If you want something preventative and basic, go with the Birchwood Casey RUG4. Its application is very straightforward and efficient. It’s a lubricant that, once applied, can prevent rust, debris, and carbon formation. Any decay to the gun can ruin its performance, that’s why the Birchwood Casey RUG4 is so unique to most people.
They help owners preserve and maintain their guns for longer periods of time. And if you didn’t already know, rust is one of the major gun killers of the century. So to keep up with the rushing horde, you need a superior firearm lubricant.
You can apply this grease on a variety of firearms including a handgun, rifle, or a shotgun. It works hard to keep oxidation and carbon formation away for good.
You should know that this best gun grease lacks the ruggedness of higher-grade grease. It only works as a rust preventative measure, nothing more or less. This is bad news for people looking for something that protects against friction.
- It’s the best rust-preventative gun grease.
- It’s very long-lasting.
- It only works as a corrosion-resistant lubricant.
- It doesn’t provide friction release.
Read Also: Best Scope For M&P Sport 2
Gun Greases Buyer’s Guide
Now because you know the best gun greases on the market, it’s time to look at the fundamentals that you can make use of.
At first glance, you might consider buying gun oil over gun grease.
Though gun oils are very popular, gun greases are a longer-lasting alternative. They’re best when applied on as many worn parts of the gun as possible.
Gun Oil Vs Grease
On a second note, regardless of what firearm you buy or own, purchasing gun grease is a matter of personal preference. So you’re not compelled to abandon any other gun grease you might have liked.
At the end of it all, gun grease is a firearm lubricant. And using one for better gun maintenance, especially by firearm enthusiasts, is a big deal.
For buying the best gun grease on the market, it’s safer when you understand its features. It’s also crucial to determine why you need one right away. You’ll want to find the one that’s efficient, durable, and safe to use.
What is Gun Grease?
You might think gun grease is a basic cleaning lubricant used to keep any gun in fine feather. There’s more to gun grease than that. Gun greases protect the gun against all environmental factors.
This includes dust, dirt, rust, moisture, and all kinds of weather conditions. It also promotes a smoother action of the different parts of the gun. So heavy-duty gun grease is essential for a better surface texture.
If you’re planning on buying some high-grade firearms, look for superior gun greases. They contain a thin protective layer to reduce friction and instability from exertion. Plus, they keep chemicals away from sticking to the surface of the gun despite wear and tear.
Gun grease features a thicker consistency than gun oil. It’s made of a variety of ingredients with different compositions. And it protects the gun on a molecular level, providing fine coating from many chemicals. You buy gun grease so your gun can withstand the usual wear and tear for a much longer time.
What to Look Forward to?
Any tool strong enough to prevent decay abrasion is an excellent tool to buy. With proper knowledge, more people can buy professional gun grease that works in a flash. These are the most significant features of a gun grease to look forward to.
For harnessing greases’ cleaning properties, knowing its solvent capacity is important. Solvents serve a more fundamental purpose in gun grease. Such as they remove carbon stains from the gun. Some even remove copper, salts, and lead stains due to intensive handling.
The lubricating features of gun grease reduce friction and impediments from weathering. The strength of the lubricant must also be able to resist extreme heat.
Such kind of a condition often arises during heavy firing. If your gun grease offers enough lubrication to coat all moving parts of the gun, that’s what you need to shoot for.
This includes the durability factors of gun grease. These are features that’ll keep your gun away from corrosion, rust, and oxidation.
Because there are many different types of firearms, non-toxic grease is essential. Some guns feature a plastic build, while some have a polymer construction.
So a safe, bio-based gun grease should be the most convenient and efficient option for you. It keeps your gun safe, regardless of its design. This helps in lubricating even the tiniest moving part of the gun. (Gun safety rules)
My Choice: Tetra Gun 004B1I Gun Grease
To summarize, let’s specify what you know so far.
- The best gun greases for all types of guns.
- The workings of a gun grease.
- The significant features.
- And why you should buy a bottle right away.
Being a responsible gun owner, safety always comes first. You can click here to read more about gun safety rules.
Any glitch can interfere with your gun’s performance. It can misfire or desist at an unfortunate time. And nobody likes that, do they?
For a gun to last years, lubricating or greasing a gun is crucial. It ensures all the moving parts of the gun are working well together and not against each other.
So now you know the importance of gun grease. To make things quick, you can always opt for the Tetra Gun 004B1I Gun Grease. It is versatile, sturdy, and it works on all types of firearms.
I have evaluated different types of gun greases for proficient firearms. And after hours of research, I reach to a standpoint where buying a gun grease is requisite. If you want something that’s easy to travel with, as a part of your gun tool kit, greases are a simpler choice.
Here are some other options available on today’s market:
- Made in U.S.A.
- Smooth tacky consistency stays where you apply it
- Excellent rust protection
- Long lasting all-weather lubrication, prevents saltwater corrosion
- Temperature range -20 to 540 F
- MIL-G-21164D for upper receiver threads, barrel nut installation and buffer tube installation
- High quality lube good for any number of applications, exercise equipment, hinges, reels, ball bearings, bicycle gears, even telescope mounts
- Aeroshell 64 / Aeroshell 33 MS sets the standard with exceptional anti-corrosion and anti-wear performance
- Our portable .88oz jar (.5oz grease) container makes for easy application of this AR grease with just the tip of your pinky finger
- Made to perform under extreme pressure and heat to prevent damage.
- Boasts extreme temperature range from -65 DegreeF to 540 DegreeF
- Synthetic polymer formula
- Syringe allows for precision application
- If necessary clean firearm with Cajun Patriots ECO Gun Solvent.
- Will protect choke tube threads from corrosion and sticking.
- This product is a complex grease fortified with rust and oxidation inhibitors.
- It is especially good for sliding surfaces.
- Use on the barrel nut and receiver extension assembly on AR platform upper and lower receiver threads.
- 4oz Bore Solvent #10907
- 4oz Gun Oil #10877
- 4oz CLP #10915
- 1oz Needle Oiler #10875
- 1oz Gun Grease #10889
- Keeps firearms rust and corrosion free
- This cleaning kit penetrates almost all metal surfaces and creates an impenetrable barrier against rust and corrosion.
- A fantastic cleaning kit for protecting your weapons, be they shotguns, muzzleloaders, handguns, or rifles.
- With just a single treatment of the Birchwood Casey RIG Universal Firearm Grease, your weapons will be protected for a long time to come.
Related Buyer’s Guides and Lists: