A satisfying super-quick dish packed with flavour
- Serves 4-6
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 15 minutes
- Olive or rapeseed oil
- 500g cooking chorizo
- 4 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained
- 200ml fresh beef stock
- 400ml dry cider, plus extra to serve (see food team’s tip)
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large sauté pan, heat a good glug of oil over a medium heat. Chop the chorizo into 5mm thick discs and add them to the pan. Fry, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until cooked and just starting to brown.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and stir to coat, then add the stock and cider. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer and cook slowly to reduce, until the liquid in the pan is sparse and thick.
- Remove from the heat, add an extra splash of cider and season to taste. Scatter the parsley over to serve.
Tip: While chickpeas are best for this dish, you could use butter beans instead.