PREPARATION TIME: 3 MINUTES
- 60g unsalted butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 200g golden syrup
- 150g salted peanuts
- 50g pecan nuts
- Pop the butter, golden caster sugar and water in a pan over a gentle heat. Keep stirring all the time, until the butter melts.
- Add the golden syrup and keep stirring over the heat until the sugar melts.
- Stir continuously and bring the sticky mixture back to a gentle boil. Boil for two minutes.
- Pop in the peanuts and continue to stir for 10 seconds or so. The little nuts will cool the syrup a little.
- Carefully pour the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and leave to harden for about 30 minutes (bunging it into the freezer will accelerate the process further).
- Now smash the brittle into pieces and eat!