A light dish that provides three of your five-a-day – ready in 30 minutes
- Serves 2
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 25 minutes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp bhuna curry paste
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, then fry the chicken and onion with a pinch of salt for five minutes until the onion has softened a little and the chicken has browned. Add the pepper and cauliflower and cook for another five minutes, stirring.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then add the stock, tomatoes and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is completely cooked through. Serve garnished with the coriander, plenty of black pepper and the lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Tip: Try tikka or madras curry paste, or use rose harissa for a North African flavour.