AKA risotto for busy people: just put the lid on and forget about it
- SERVES 4
- PREPARATION TIME 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 50g vegetarian Parmesan, grated
- Knob of butter
- 400g risotto rice
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 75g cream cheese
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and butter over a medium-high heat. Fry the onion for five minutes until soft. Add the rice, cook for a minute, then add the wine and bubble until absorbed.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock, season, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the rice is just tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the cheeses, take off the heat and stand for five minutes. Stir in the basil leaves and serve.
For more tomato and basil recipes from delicious.magazine, click here